19 September, 2013

19 September - KPSAN Counseling Session

Just a quick update. 

Had my initial counseling session at KPSAN HQ in Pasadena this morning. The vibe it gave off seemed like an interview more than a counseling session. The counselor reviewed my resume and transcript, asked me a bunch of questions. Typical questions, nothing out of the ordinary. 

There was hardly any feedback given unless you asked for it. I asked him if I was a strong candidate even though my GPA was lacking. I also asked if there was anything I could do to strengthen my resume and chance for admission. That said, they also weigh in all your extracurricular activities, volunteerism, and if you are part of any professional organizations and counsels. 

After the "interview" the counselor tells you whether or not to proceed with the application process. I got the ok to submit my application next month. We'll see what happens. 

Just a tip. They ask you to write an essay on the spot. After signing in, they hand you a piece of paper with an essay topic. Mine was "why do you want to be a CRNA?" There's no time limit on writing this essay but my guess is that it's part of the weeding process to see how much thought you've put into it before applying to the program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment