27 January, 2014

27 January 2014 - Interview Prepping 101

My interview with University of South Florida is this Friday. Have I been prepping? Yes and no.
An email sent a little while said that there would be a CCRN style test focusing on the cardiac system. If I can recall my CCRN scores, the cardiovascular system was one of my weaker subjects. I'm a tactile learner and best retain knowledge when I'm about to incorporate theory with practice. Unfortunately, I've only touched a PA catheter once in my 3 years of nursing and rarely do I deal with inotropic agents. I've played with dobutamine a handful of times and Primacor once. But these are things you can study for and apply later.

I think my weak spot is the actual inteview itself. A quick google search for "CRNA interview questions" brings up a list of questions to which I've been studying off of. Most of these questions seem to revolve around why you want to be a CRNA and why do you qualify or have what it takes to become a CRNA. More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment