22 March, 2014

22 March 2014 - Decisions, decisions.

I spoke to some Army recruiters. Here's my current options:

Option 1: Attend the program at USF and use the Army HPSP; this would basically entitle me to Full tuition coverage and a living stipend of about $2100/month. I would be losing rank; I'd be an O-1 and in the IRR during this time. The AD service obligation starts after I finish the program. 

Option 2: Apply for USAGPAN. Tuition and materials are covered and I would be on AD during the time I'm in school, so I'm receiving a salary and the time in school counts towards retirement. Service obligation starts after completion of CRNA school. I'm not sure if I'd be losing rank though. 

Option 3: Go the Reserve route and only receive a stipend of about $2100 a month. Tuition, living expenses, etc is out of pocket, there's no salary during school. During school I'd be in IRR status, losing rank to O-1. 

Decisions, decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment