02 August, 2015

2 AUG 2015 - The fire hose is on.

It's been a while since my last post. Here's a quick catch up since then:

1) Finished BOLC. Basic officer leadership course for the Army. Not bad at a all. You get a 2.5 month crash course on what it's like to be an Army officer. There's resources for BOLC all over the place so I won't go into too much detail other than to address a few main points.

The basic officer leadership course does three things: gives you a basic introduction to Army life so you don't look foolish when you forget to tuck your shirt in or forget to return a salute to a private. You'll also learn how to shoot firearms, learn the command structure, and where to go for resources you will need for your future career as an Army officer. You'll also get a chance to taste Texas cuisine and most importantly, NETWORK with other officers.

2) I've moved my family out here from California. I do question the strain on my family though. I won't go too far into detail with this.

3) The program has started and the fire hose as been turned on; The program directors literally equate it to drinking out of a fire hose which is started it at a trickle and as you're slowly gulping it down is turned on full blast. But the first rule of USAGPAN is that you DO NOT TALK (BAD) ABOUT USAGPAN.

And really I can't. It's a great program, The staff are phenomenal and the support system backing you is tremendous. There are resources for you everywhere in this program not just academically but socially and financially. The instructors have so far been amazing and everyday my mind is blown by how much more information they can pump into my head. I'm surprised by how often I get that "Hmm..." and "Ahh ha..." moment where you realized you probably could've killed a few of your patients a few times over. Thankfully, the human body is an amazing and resilient machine.

More to come...


2 comments:

  1. Excellent blog! I'm currently torn between applying to USAGPAN or a civilian school for CRNA. This is a very difficult decision to make, especially because of my family. But keep the post coming!

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many years of schooling to become a Nurse anesthesia?
    nurse anesthetist duties

    ReplyDelete